Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Fabulous Aesthetics Brazillian Waxing deal on Groupon


It was a deal I got from Groupon for $18 and it did seem like a pretty good deal until two days after my waxing session.

Pre-treatment

I’m a frequent customer of Strip waxing, and because their treatments are slightly more costly (around $60-$70 per brazillian wax), I was looking around the market for other possibly cheaper alternative.

What better way to source for such than on Groupon where there’s lowered cost for trying things out? I zoomed in to about 5 tabs after the first filter of looking at their cost, package and fine prints. After my second filter of Googling for reviews, I ended up with just one tab open – Fabulous Aesthetics.

So there I was, doing my research. This dude said that it’s pretty good, and it did sound pretty good to me.
Read full review here: https://thepeningpengantin.wordpress.com/2013/12/11/wax-on-wax-off/












There weren’t much reviews around, so I had to take the leap of faith.

I made the purchase and gave the Bugis outlet a ring.

The person who picked up my call was friendly, and not at all judging when I said “I made a purchase on Groupon”. Her tone was warm and friendly and I really appreciated it.

So the appointment was made easily.

But finding the place wasn’t that easy.

After recruiting the help of my best friend, Google Map, I got to the place. It seemed a bit dubious, though.

Opposite to the exterior, the interior of the place was very lovely and cosy. It did feel like a cosy and lovely little beauty salon, not extravagantly commercialized.

I was asked to wait for about 15 min before I had my treatment. I kept myself entertained (and amused) with a brochure of its other treatments.

True to the review, they did ask me to wash up first. They offered me a towel and brought me to a washroom. Now, this is new. I washed up with hot water (while standing at a very awkward angle because I couldn’t remove the shower head) and wore back my clothes before walking over to my treatment room.

The Treatment

It’s bullshit. It hurt like crap because the lady was waxing the same place repeatedly. I swear it felt absolutely raw and the slightly touch would make me cringe.

I might not have a lot of experience doing brazillian wax, but I do know enough that you aren’t supposed to wax the same area 5-7 times (exclusive of cleaning up, which means one more wax). It’s either that the lady had pretty bad skills, or that the wax was of a lower quality. 

The best part, throughout the entire process, the lady was telling me about her IPL experience and how I should do IPL too. Yep, you’ve guessed it, hardselling 101. After I was done with the procedure (all I wanted to do was to get the hell out), she then asked me if I wanted to try IPL.

Being a sucker for the possibly free and painless IPL session, I said “okay”, and she ran out enthusiastically, as if I just said "I do" to her wedding proposal. That’s the moment I guessed that I actually have to pay for a trial that might actually hurt me more and might not work at all.

Post-treatment

I’ve always done my own cleaning up when I did waxing with Strip and I expected no less from Fabulous Aesthetics too. (From the amount of pain and the tenacity that she was waxing, I did hope that all the pain was worth it and that I don't have to do any cleaning up…)

NO. I was wrong. So fucking wrong. The amount of cleaning up I had to do was more than what I had to do when I patronized Strip. To make matters worse, I actually grew pimples - a problem I seldom have when I used Strip.

FYI, when you wax, you open your pores because you remove the hair from its roots. When you over-wax, your remove the protective layer of your skin and your skin gets injured. When you wax and over-wax, you grow pimples because your poor skin is so injured and inflamed at the same time.

Thanks so much Fabulous Aesthetics.

Note: this is not an advertisement. Neither company paid me or not paid me for this review. This is a review done after my painful experience, filled with sweat, blood and pimples. 



No comments:

Post a Comment